Adopt a Family
The Batavia United Way works with the Batavia School District to identify families who are struggling to make ends meet, then works with businesses and community members to purchase gifts and food for these families. In 2014 the District identified 72 families that needed assistance, which is the largest number ever.
There are several ways community members and businesses can participate.
- You can adopt a family. You will be matched with a family that best suits you. Local businesses encourage their employees to be involved in Adopting a family.You will then purchase appropriate gifts for your “adopted” family and bring them to the scheduled drop off shortly before the school district holiday break.
- Purchase grocery gift cards that will help provide a holiday meal.
- Purchase gift cards from merchants (you are encouraged to shop local) that will provide a family with items they need for the holiday.
- Make a monetary donation: Mail checks made payable to Batavia United Way to Batavia United Way, P.O. Box 372, Batavia, IL 60510. Donations can also be made online on our donations page. Any donations specified for the Adopt A Family program are used only for this project.
Kane County Guide
The Kane County Guide to Community Services is a comprehensive guide to the community resources in your local area. It includes an overview of social services, how to obtain community services, and some examples of major service providers in each area. Agency profiles include address, phone numbers, website addresses, e-mail addresses, hours, disability access, fees, eligibility requirements, and service descriptions.
The Guide serves all of Kane County, including the cities of Aurora and Elgin and the surrounding areas. Services include (but are not limited to):
Rent / Rental Assistance
Click here to view guide.
FamilyWize - Prescription Discount Card
If you are not insured or underinsured for your prescriptions, this card can be a help to you.
Your Free Prescription Discount Card
- Accepted nationwide by most pharmacies for all prescriptions not covered by insurance.
- Use as often as needed.
- Click this link to print a card. Make copies for friends and relatives.